Please Explain what Ubiquiti AirGrid is

Hi,

Re: AirGrid M2-HP 20dBi Grid Antenna 2.4GHz CPE

I trying to determine if this an access point, or a wifi to ethernet bridge, or both?

So 2.4 means "standard" channels 1-11, and the AP or bridge or (?) is integrated with the dish antenna to make on unit(?)

Seems like a good idea but what functions does it do? I tried emailing sellers and company but no answers...maybe someone knows? What does "CPE" stand for?

Bridge, AP?

Thanks.

Reply to
leegold
Loading thread data ...

CPE is Customer Premises Equipment Data sheets and docs are found here

formatting link

Reply to
Pen

Yes, but the documentation on that page still does not say what the function of the product is. Is it a wireless to ethernet bridge, is it an access point, both?

For some reason all the descriptions of this product refrain from saying what it does in commonly used wifi terms.

Reply to
goldtech

It's a Bridge or a Router. Your choice. See the User Guide Chapter 5.

Reply to
Pen

It's a Bridge or a Router. Your choice. See the User Guide Chapter 5.

Reply to
Pen

It's a Bridge or a Router your choice. See the User Guide Chapter 5.

Reply to
Pen

It's a Bridge or a Router your choice. See the User Guide Chapter 5.

Reply to
Pen

CPE is equipment intended to be sited at customer premises to give them access into a service providers network. To this end, it works as an AP, a bridge and possibly also a NAT router. I'm not certain how many of those it can do simultaneously.

Note that as well as wifi, it can operate in Ubiquiti's proprietary TDM mode, more suited to WISP use than wifi is.

Reply to
alexd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.