Pioneer DVR-115D problem

I have recently installed the above DVR in my PC. Installed it as "master" on secondary IDE channel with a Pioneer DVR-A06 as slave on the same channel. Am running XP SP2. At first the 115D would write to any media but had trouble reading them. Sometimes I couldn't see the written files and sometimes I could see them but not open or copy them. However, the A06 could read all media and files written by the 115D !

I temporarily solved the problem by re-installing the ASPI drivers but this solution did not last and the problem returned after a few hours. I have found another solution which is to disconnect the A06 completely leaving only the 115D on the channel. It now read/writes fine. However, I really would like to have 2 optical drives. Can anyone shed any light (no pun intended) on this drive problem ? I am using 40 wire cables although 80 wire is recommended for the 115D. Could this be the cause of the problem ? (PS I used to have a CD-RW drive as master with the A06 and that combination gave no problems).

Thanks for any input you can provide.

DeeBee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
DeeBee
Loading thread data ...

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:15:33 -0500, DeeBee wrote in :

Wrong newsgroup. Cross-posted and follow-up set to comp.publish.cdrom.hardware

Reply to
John Navas

See what [Nero InfoTool, ASPI tab] says about aspi before and after the trouble:

formatting link

If 80-wire is called for, by all means use 80-wire cable. From your description the 40-wire must be picking up noises/interference.

"ATA133" should be 80-wire:

formatting link
<
formatting link
?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=ide+cable&x=0&y=0 >

Reply to
smh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.