Ping Larry

I've now built several different antennas for the wi-fi. The dish works very well and about the same, as far as signal strength goes, but better in noise rejection is a "Cantenna" I think that they called it. Basically just a tube, calculated as a wave guide, with a radiator

1/4 wavelength from the closed end.

I'm not sure whether this is what you were recommending as there is also a "Pringles Can" that uses reflectors and directors inside the tube.

However, the recommended length of the "Cantenna" seems to be one wave length. Which is about 8 inches. Because of what I welded together to make the tube mine ended up 12 inches long, about 1.5 wave length. Dom you think cutting the tube to 1 wave length improve signal strength?

Secondly, I am now getting greedy. Since the Cantenna and the dish each worked very well, thank you, I'm now thinking of combining the two. If I do that I am assuming that the mouth of the tube should be at the focus point of the dish? right?

Cheers,

Bruce (bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce in Bangkok
Loading thread data ...

I've now built several different antennas for the wi-fi. The dish works very well and about the same, as far as signal strength goes, but better in noise rejection is a "Cantenna" I think that they called it. Basically just a tube, calculated as a wave guide, with a radiator

1/4 wavelength from the closed end.

I'm not sure whether this is what you were recommending as there is also a "Pringles Can" that uses reflectors and directors inside the tube.

However, the recommended length of the "Cantenna" seems to be one wave length. Which is about 8 inches. Because of what I welded together to make the tube mine ended up 12 inches long, about 1.5 wave length. Dom you think cutting the tube to 1 wave length improve signal strength?

Secondly, I am now getting greedy. Since the Cantenna and the dish each worked very well, thank you, I'm now thinking of combining the two. If I do that I am assuming that the mouth of the tube should be at the focus point of the dish? right?

Cheers,

Bruce (bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

and your purpose was?

Reply to
Larry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.