Philips SNA6500 won't connect automatically

My dad has a Philips SNA6500 wireless router and we can't figure out how to get it to connect to the internet automatically. You have to go to to 192.168.2.1 in a browser and press a "Connect" button. We've been thinking of setting up some kind of home server to connect to remotely, maybe remote desktop or something like that, but ff my dad goes away to France for a few weeks and the router reboots for some reason, then it won't be connected to the internet any more.

Does anyone know how to make the router connect to the internet automatically? We've browsed around the config pages but can't find anything.

Phil Hibbs.

Reply to
PhilHibbs
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I check out the manual for your router here --->

formatting link
Nowhere does it say that you need to login to connect. It is set by default to stay connected all the time. This is the case with almost all ADSL routers I've seen (Only exceptions being when you configure the DSL router as a bridge; then you need to initiate the pppoe connection from the PC/Server that is is bridged to.) You need to check with your ISP.

Regards, Shiv

Reply to
outbackwifi

doesn't look good -

formatting link

Reply to
P.Schuman

Nowhere does it say that you don't, but that is our experience.

Phil Hibbs.

Reply to
PhilHibbs

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.