pentagram cerberus problem

Hello, I have a problem with adsl modem + router Pentagram Cerberus. Cable connection works good, but wireless connection doesn't work. When i am connecting to the wireless network my windows stops :). I have pcmcia linksys WPC54G ver. 3, which works in different wifi networks. Please, tell me which router settings may cause that problem.

Reply to
piotrek.ptaszynski
Loading thread data ...

| I have a problem with adsl modem + router Pentagram Cerberus. Cable | connection works good, but wireless connection doesn't work. When i am | connecting to the wireless network my windows stops :). I have pcmcia | linksys WPC54G ver. 3, which works in different wifi networks. | Please, tell me which router settings may cause that problem.

Any settings not matching could be a cause. There are other causes, too. Your SSID is the same I presume.

You say your WPC54G works in different wifi networks. Does that mean it is running with no encryption? Or do you change key for each network?

If you have encryption on, try experimenting with encryption turned off to rule out encryption issues. If things work without encryption, but not with encryption, let us know what all your settings are.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

I' ve tried with no encryption. Unfortunetelly the problem is the same

- my windows hangs. Only difference is that when i turned off encryption it works longer before hang.

What can i said about my router settings is:

- only g mode

- security = none

- beacon period = 200msec

- DTIM Period = 2

- RTS Threshold = 4096

- Frag Threshold = 4096

- Power level = full

Please tell me which other settings you want to know.

snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net napisal(a):

Reply to
piotrek.ptaszynski

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.