PCMCIA card recommendations for Presario and Linksys WAP54 G andWRT54G?

This is a last ditch effort. My firewalls are off but not helping me stay connected. I cannot replace the internal Centrino card with guaranteed compatibility.

I have a Presario X1030US with internal Wireless B Intel 2100 LAN 3B Mini PCI..

What are recommendations for a good, solid, PCMCIA card for the slot to work with WinXP home and this setup???>

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Talked with HP tech and they told me if the computer wasn't built with > Broadcom chipsets, they don't guarantee connectivity or recommend the > wireless lan card. Said, if Intel is connecting but dropping, most likely > software/driver settings issue. > > Next step: 5.8 ghz phone to replace 2.4, and turn off internal firewall. > Router should handle that need. > Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme
Loading thread data ...

What is th price you intend to put for that card ?

Howwever Linksys should be a good choice, i also have a Proxim Orinoco Gold, it's working fine but not so beautifull regarding the price. Until now i must be honnest that just my old Cisco 802.11b was the better one, immediately recongnize by windows...

Regards

D.

My favourite site actually:

formatting link

"Jefferis NoSpamme" a écrit dans le message de news:BF0D09E2.2E683% snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

Reply to
Wi-Fi Newbie

I have the X1000 (the same series, but custom configured) and have no problem with the mini-PCI card inside, but I have the Intel 2200BG card, not the 2100.

However when I am in areas with marginal signals, I use the Buffalo Technology WLICBG54S (with an external antenna if necessary). $44 on Amazon.com (search for "WLICBG54S"). The antenna is Buffalo Technology WLE-DA2 AirStation 9 dBi High-Gain Indoor Directional Antenna.

Make sure that whatever card you buy, that it has an antenna jack (most of them do not).

The big advantage of the internal wireless is that it has better antennas than a CardBus card used without a separate antenna.

Reply to
SMS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.