PC Card access (Verizon, Sprint, etc.)

Couple of questions...

Is a phone number assigned to the wireless card when you buy it? Reason for my question is, I like to use fax software, and you obviously need a number for people to fax to. I would like to do this in addition to using the PC card for wireless access.

Also, has anyone used a wireless PC card in a home computer? If so, how? Do they make/sell PCI-bus to PC card adapter cards?

Reply to
mr.sandog
Loading thread data ...

There should be a phone number assigned to the SIM that is inside the PC card.

That would be a problem for a few reasons. The first is that most cellular providers won't support fax on their phones any more, which is what you are asking to do. If it did work, it would be a phone call, not a data connection, so you couldn't use it for data at the same time, kind of like a normal dialup modem at home.

You would be better off using an internet fax service, like efax.com, which takes inbound faxes to some phone number, and delivers them to you via email.

It would be simpler to tether a cellphone to a desktop via USB. If you have the right phone, it can be just as fast as a card.

Reply to
dold

On 2 May 2007 20:16:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Yes.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.