Panasonic internet cameraBL-C131 "Image Buffer Frequency" - what does that mean?

Hello all - I am trying to work out what this means: On my internet camera you can trigger the camera to take pics before and after the trigger event. Here are the options:

Image Buffer Frequency

[check] Enable Pre-trigger Image Buffer Every N seconds, buffer B images, Total T images. [check] Enable Post-trigger Image Buffer Every N seconds, buffer B images, Total T images.

I don't understand from the manual what the post-trigger "buffer images" can be. How is this field used?

Thanks all!

Dean

Reply to
DeanB
Loading thread data ...

Without even researching it, I'll take a stab.

Cams and Digital Video Recorders (DVR) will have a recording buffer of say ten to thirty minutes that is constantly overwritten.

When an event is detected by a contact opening or closing, or by a change of the pixels in a specified area of the viewed image, it will start archiving the video from some point of the the imagery stored in the buffer that was stored during the pre-triggered event time.

Recording imagery based on movement has the advantage of conserving hard drive space and spending time reviewing hours of video to look for an event.

For example, a self storage company may have a camera that points to the front gate and the driveway off the highway (with lots of movement from cars driving by) is still visible in the background. You would set the detection area to look for movement at the gate and when movement is detected, its starts storing the imagery of a car exiting the highway and turning into the drive during the prior thirty seconds.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.