Otto service for a week or two or three.

I'll be out of service for a while. I'm checking into the local hospital to have a large part of my bank account surgically extracted. I don't expect any medical problems and plan on returning eventually. No clue how long that will take. I'll apologize in advance for my inevitable bad attitude and for unloading my wrath upon anyone that dares ask a question without supplying the pertinent numbers. Meanwhile, please save me the interesting and entertaining questions.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dana

Hope all goes well. You'll be in our prayers and thoughs.

Is there anything we can do from this end to make your stay more tolerable?

Reply to
NotMe

We'll try to turn up the cranky but humorously informed comments to make up for your absence.

Wishing you a speedy and trouble-free recovery, amigo.

Steve

Reply to
seaweedsteve

Well, I survived and am doing well. No major problems or complications. Thanks for the nice words. Back in a while.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Excellent! Now follow Doctors orders & read the instructions :) Best Wishes

kc

Reply to
Kim Clay

Thanks, but that's not the way the real world works. I'm in the recovery room, and the doctor and I have a discussion. One problem. I'm drugged out of my mind and can't remember anything. The next morning, he shows up to remove the drains. I'm still drugged out of my mind, so he repeats the instructions. Later that afternoon, he comes again with the release forms (I'm rather anxious to escape). I'm still loaded with pain killers but it's not obvious to me. Realizing what's happening, I try desperately to remember what he said. That worked for perhaps a few hours. I did make some notes at some point. However, the notes made no sense the next day.

What saved my posterior was the printed instructions they gave me before the surgery. I wisely dragged it to the hospital with me. RTFM definitely works, but following and remembering the doctors orders was almost impossible.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.