OT: Lost VPN connection

I know this isn't specific to this ng, but I swear I've tried many other avenues, including the vpn ng's and Netgear directly, but I've received no replies from any source. This ng is frequented by some very experienced network folks, so I'm hoping to find some suggestions. Here's the problem:

We have a Netgear FVS328 router/vpn appliance. Two telecommuters work from home offices and use the Netgear vpn client to connect to our file/application server. Everything has been working fine until last week when we changed ISPs. They assigned us a different WAN-side static IP address, which I entered into the Netgear router. I then entered the new IP address and subnet mask into the appropriate fields in the ProSafe VPN software client on the one remote laptop that currently was in the office. The person took that laptop home and logged in fine.

The next day, however, the remote worker from our office in another town called me and said she could not log in. At first I assumed she simply had not updated her client with the new IP settings, but after taking control of her desktop I discovered that she had been emailed the backup settings file from the worker whose laptop was manually configured (and working), which had apparently updated her settings, but she could not connect. When I checked the log file generated by the client, I saw the following error: "Error validating the proxy ID." I have triple-checked all of the settings, and they appear to be identical to the working computer, but I cannot fix the problem.

Again, the only thing that changed on the host end was the WAN IP address, which is matched now in the client. But a connection cannot be established.

Input appreciated. And if I've left out critical info, please let me know and I will be glad to fill in the blanks.

thank you,

jm

Reply to
JM
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.