OT, but could use help

I've been searching for a pair of wireless headphones that could be used with an AV system as a simple wireless stereo headphone, but that could also be used with my computer as both a headset as well as microphone (presumably using a USB dongle). So far, I've found one or the other, but nothing that sounds like it would work well for both. My computer use would be primarily for listening to music and dictation anthough skype or similar would be a possibility.

One other complication is that I am moderately hearing impaired, so a headset with lots of volume (and preferably tonal adjustment) would be a great help. Yes, I can use my aids, but the distortion sometimes becomes unbearable, even with wired headphones.

Any takers?

IF I'm in the wrong place, I'd appreciate a pointer to the right group.

Thanks,

Bob

Reply to
Bob
Loading thread data ...

Think twofer.... Most computers and audio devices have a seperate mic and audio connector.. I use wireless stereo headphones for audio, and a wireless boom mic (like singers use in concerts when they prance around).. The neat thing with that is I use the wireless headset for my stereo, and playing music stuff on the computer (use it's volume control for my own level desires), but also use it with the mic to use Voip stuff, and via BT, as mono headset for my cellphone (cell phones don't do stereo, only mono, so to use it for all, I can either make it mono only, or have to get used to only hearing in one ear when I use it via cellphone).. As a bonus, I found the one brand of both wireless stereo headphones and wireless stereo speakers, can use the same transmitter (for headphones it's a charger too), so others in the room can listen (without having to run wires), or I can use just the boom mike part and speakers instead of the headset speakers (had to find a very selective noise cancelling mic to do that, or the external speakers would make an echo over the boom)

for the mic, use the ear hook instead of the headband (also recharges on base)

formatting link
speakers
formatting link
Headset:
formatting link
You may sort of be in the wrong place, but since I use this with my cell phone and VOIP, guess that makes it ok :)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.