Orinoco Silver: how to switch diversity antennas?

Hi all, sorry for my poor English. I have a PC CARD Orinoco Silver with an "handmade" SMA Connector. The connector is ok but when I open Netstumbler I see the signal is very low: when I put or remove the external antenna, the effect is the same. I thought the card still use one of the internal antennas (now inexistent) for the new external. What can I do? It does exist a software for Windows can help me? Thanks for your valued help!

Summer

Reply to
Summer
Loading thread data ...

Why didn't you just use the existing antenna connector on the edge of the card under the little plastic plug?

Reply to
David Taylor

Yes understood, but it's much easier to make or buy a pigtail to convert from the Lucent connector to the SMA connector.

My simplest answer to your problem is that without seeing or knowing what you've done, you could have damaged the board or haven't made an efficient connection between your SMA connector and the circuit board and are not seeing good results.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

David Taylor ha scritto:

Simply 'cause I need an SMA connector and the mod is just the SMA connector in place of the original. I hope you understand my English :)

Summer

Reply to
Summer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.