Opera 9 doesn't work with WRT54G

Opera 9 WWW browser "malfunctions" with the WRT554G interface by showing the actual calling code instead of the display field name.

Here was my original posting before I figured it out during my writing:

My WRT54G Ver 2. wireless router, made by Linksys has gone into a mode that is uncertain, both in meaning and in security. I've tried the 30 second reset, and the latest firmware 4.30.5 April '06. Still, there is this obvious problem:

Each pulldown menu item on every HTML interface page, every pulldown is in the form: capture(.) where is some kind of software variable name. There is is a dot between variables.

For example: Setup Page->Internet Connection Type pulldown menu offers: Capture(setupcontent.dhcp) Capture(share.staticip) Capture(share.pppoe) ..

Hmmmm, this is obviously programming code. Why would my browser show programming code. Let me try another WWW browser...

Yep, the Opera 9 browser "malfunctions" with the WRT554G interface by showing the actual code instead of the display field name.

Reply to
J-Cloud
Loading thread data ...

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:25:04 -0700, "J-Cloud" wrote in :

Is Javascript off or on? Java?

Reply to
John Navas

I use a wrt54g v5 and opera 9 currently and this is not happening to me. This was however happening to me at some point in the past and I believe it was fixed by an update to the router firmware, not by any changes in opera, although I may be mistaken.

Reply to
Noxonomus

Sounds like the webserver in the router did'nt comply to W3C standards.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.