Odd DLink DI-624 problem

Hi,

I have the oddest problem with my DI-624. First, my network configuration. Comcast / Adelphia cable modem, connected to an RPL300 (Linksys) router, which is from Vonage. I have two wired computers connected to it. I also have the 624 connected to it via the LAN1 port on the 624 router.

WEP encrption is enabled with a shared key. The wireless computers are both laptops; one uses a DWL-G650, the other some Belkin G adapter. Both computers connect fine to the network; I can remote desktop to the wired computers, browse internal file shares.

The problem is that I cannot browse any internet web sites, although I can browse my internal web sites (SharePoint server) just fine. FireFox hangs at connecting to site... and after some time says the site took to long to respond.

I can ping and nslookup

formatting link
just fine, but neither browsing to google via domain name or IP address work (the wired computers have no problems).

Any ideas?

Andy

Reply to
Andy
Loading thread data ...

Oh, one more thing... I can access the Di-624 admin pages from the wireless computers just fine.

Reply to
Andy

Ok... I can't seem to reach anything from the internet, so the router isn't moving my requests along to the Linksys router to go out to the internet.

I tried adding some firewall rules, but no go. Its weird, it knows how to get them to the internal, but refuses to go through the linksys to get to the net.

Reply to
Andy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.