Novatel MiFi 2200-still good for anything?

Bought it around a decade ago from Walmart to use with their Internet on the Go service-you know, the one that let you buy data as you needed on a true pay-as-you-go basis via prepaid cards. Their oft-repeated promise that data, once purchased, would never expire was, of course, not kept. Eventually they ratcheted it down to 60 days before doing away with it altogether. IOTG's successor now requires you to buy a hotspot directly from them and only offers monthly service-and calling them re my current device and unused cards was a joke.

So much for that. Anyway, does anyone know if there's still any provider out there that I could use this thing on? It apparently doesn't have a SIM card slot, which would make sense as I believe IOTG was a Sprint-affiliated MVNO back when I bought it.

Not that I'm really likely to start spending hundreds of dollars a year for what would amount to having a backup for my home service in case of outages, mind you-but you never know.

Reply to
none
Loading thread data ...

Like you, I was a happy IOTG user through a Walmart purchase for several years. Because the MiFi 2200 was a 3G device and can not use 4G LTE it would be pretty useless even if Sprint or IOTG still did offer interesting plans.

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.