Not enought resources

I am trying to install a wireless card in a Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop. It's a brand new hard drive with a new installation of XP home. I cannot get the Netgear WG511T wireless PC card to install. I get the error code 12 not enough resources and to disable another device. That is not acceptable. I have been to the Netgear site and no help there except for it saying that SP2 might be the problem. Any ideas on what I can do to get this card to work and get along with all the other devices? TIA dotty

Reply to
Dotty
Loading thread data ...

Ok this is an IRQ issues / conflicts not relating to wireless but anyway try:

1. Check for errors in your event viewer.
  2. Boot in safe mode and remove drivers
  3. Restart normal mode and re-install drivers.

-aljuhani

Reply to
aljuhani

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 08:13:18 -0700, "Dotty" wrote in :

Try a different brand/model card?

Reply to
John Navas

He can't as the WG511T Is the PCMCIA "N" card.

Did you Install the card to the letter ? Uninstall the software for the card and follow the setup notes. Do not insert the card until your told to do so, by the netgear software.

I'm running SP2 without any problems and that card. But I'm on a Toshiba and not a dell.

Reply to
Kevin Weaver

Reply to
Dotty

Then you should be on the phone with the manufacture of wireless product you are trying to install and let them help you. They are the ones that can possibly get you out of it and may have a solution for you.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Reply to
Dotty

I can't ever recall sending an email for tech support help in a situation such as this. I would much rather talk with someone kind of face to face over the phone, instead of sending emails back and forth.

I kind of like to get it over with and move on quickly, like if I have to escalate the issue with talking with second line tech support or higher in the chain to get the answer.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.