No wired connection from wireless

Howard Huntley wrote:

>> I can ping the other computers in the work group. I tried changing the >> setting to the NetBios over TCP/IP and still no computers in My >> Network Places. I am running a pier to pier network. All works fine >> using a cable connection, I can see servers and desktops in "My >> NetWork Places" when using a cable connection. >> >> When I go to my desktop systems on in the work group I can see the wireless >> laptop in My Network Places but I can not connect or transfer files >> to it. I am using a linksys WRT54g router. I get a permissions error >> from the laptop or the desktop connection, On the laptop using a DOS >> window using net view I get a 6118 error. I have gone inside the >> registry and changed dhcpnodetype from 4 to 1 and still no effect. >> Still no servers in MNPlaces on the laptop. > >Can you browse to another machine from the laptop by typing in the UNC >address? Eg) \\\\server\\sharedDir\\ > >?? > >Sh4d03
Reply to
Howard Huntley
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.