no data received, only sent from wireless 802.11b PCI card

I installed a wireless PCI card (b) on my second WindowsXP PC system. It shows it is connected to my main computer (using Linksys wireless router) wireless router signal, and shows bytes sent but 0 bytes received. Wireless router has encryption turned off. What am I doing or not doing wrong? Very frustrating, wireless seems very hard to set up.

I also am able to choose between Infrastructure or AdHoc mode for network mode on the wireless card, neither of which I understand. If I choose Adhoc mode I do not see any data sent or received as that is greyed out as automatic or unavailable.

Reply to
Beowulf
Loading thread data ...

how?

Reply to
bryan

Problem solved.

Reply to
Beowulf

could be a Firewall problem.

have you set up each systems Firewall settings to allow the other through.

Reply to
Time Teamer

I have the same problem, however my OS is Win2kPro, no firewall. I can install my D-Link card and the computer works fine. When I try to use the computers built in wireless, I can see the communication link up, but no packets received. The network is not encrypted. At home, on my encrypted network, the internal wireless works just fine. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be? The only difference seems to be the encryption vs. no encryption.

Reply to
fhm

I have a linksys wireless LAN aswell. What's exactly the problem? Do you want to use a shared internetconnection or have a network aswell?

"Beowulf" schreef in bericht news:XaY2e.1053$ snipped-for-privacy@fe03.lga...

Reply to
Martijn de Vries

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.