NEWS: Verizon and AT&T May Both Get Apple Tablet

Alan Baker wrote in news:alangbaker- snipped-for-privacy@news.shawcable.com:

How much is Jobs paying you to defend the company?

Reply to
Larry
Loading thread data ...

How much are you being paid to malign it? Because whoever is doing it should get a refund. Referencing the same lawsuit over and over doesn't make it any more evidence of an actual problem.

Reply to
Alan Baker

links for lawsuits snipped.

where are the thermal tests? how hot does it get? at what temperature is the warning given? what *is* it's real world operating temperature limits?

oh right, you don't have any *actual* evidence, just more idiocy.

Reply to
nospam

********************* RUN JOHN RUN! *********************

Merely par for the course when Navas has had his ass handed to him....yet again.

The simplest of bottom lines is that if John really did have no opinion and no dog in the hunt, he would have never posted any comment whatsoever in the thread.

-hh

Reply to
-hh

A "...dSLR makes for a better photographer"? I don't ever recall ever making such a claim. (Google: 'Your search - dSLR "better photographer" - did not match any documents.')

It certainly would be interesting for Navas to ever be able to find a citation where I said such a thing. I have, however, dared to say that sometimes one's equipment can make a significant difference. Here's an example that Navas chose to never comment on:

Using one camera's small built-in strobe:

formatting link
Using another with a hot shoe, external strobe and beamer:
formatting link

Goody, although this is something like the 3rd or 4th time. Ironic how Navas then whines about other peoples' products being broken and inferior .

-hh

Reply to
-hh

Bottom Line, Apple is being sued again for a faulty product that routinely overheats during normal usage.

Apple will continue to get sued until they learn to make products that work.

Reply to
MuahMan

Bottom line: how many of the suits have actually found Apple at fault?

LOL

Reply to
Alan Baker

That's incredibly naive. The reality is that for as long as people believe that there's some plausible 'get rich quick' by attacking a target with "deep pockets", Apple will be targeted for as long as they're perceived to have deep pockets.

For an illustration, consider the alledgedly "big stink" that New York politicians have made this week in regards to familes of deceased military being supposedly "Ripped Off" by some Life Insuarnce companies.

The claim is that instead of only mailing out a single lump sum check, they also offer beneficiaries the option of opting for a checkbook (which they can cash out 100% at any time). The reason for the supposed outrage is...

• that these 'checking' accounts are earning very low interest; --> but compared to a lump sum check, which earns ZERO interest = Huh?
  • that these 'accounts' aren't FDIC insured; --> but they are insured...by the State (not FDIC), and at twice the FDIC's max (0K vs 0K).
  • that the cash being held for payment of these checks isn't in a separate dedicated fund; --> but since its the same fund that the 'lump sum' checks come out of, what difference does it make?

Of course, what the Politicians have conveniently neglected to mention is that these products are heavily regulated by the Government and can't be offered without prior approval by State regulators; --> yes, this means that State Regulators have previously and explicitly OK'ed them.

So perhaps the outraged NY Politicians should redirect their angst...at their own State's Division of Banking & Insurance?

How ironic. Feel free to monitor this situation to see if it ever registers with the Media that they've been duped, and missed the real story: a politician blaming an outside entity for a failing of his own State's making.

-hh

Reply to
-hh

I think all the iPad's fans are in another newsgroup.

:-)

Reply to
Wes Groleau

Call me weak-minded, not because I use a killfile, but because it took me this long to figure out Navas belongs there.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

That's why I said "first refuge". There are definitely people one should killfile. It just amuses me when I see it happening simply because someone is losing an argument.

:-)

Reply to
Alan Baker

Doh!

Reply to
Who Dat?

Alan Baker wrote in news:alangbaker- snipped-for-privacy@news.shawcable.com:

So, how much is Jobs paying you to defend the company?

Reply to
Larry

nospam wrote in news:040820101024426041% snipped-for-privacy@nospam.invalid:

I'm sure it will all be duly noted in the court records.....

Reply to
Larry

Who's paying you to malign it? They should get a refund.

Reply to
Alan Baker

I'm sure it will.

And when it comes to nothing -- as all these suits have, you'll have slunk off...

Reply to
Alan Baker

You obviously don't know Larry.... or "jack".

Reply to
Who Dat?

Well, to be fair, when Anandtech served up similar tests for the iPhone 4 death grip issue you dismissed them with an "all phones do that," so why would we assume you'd treat any third-party thermal tests any differently. I'm sure Steve will serve up videos of other computers shutting down after 15 minutes in a slow oven as proof that this too is a non-issue... ;)

Reply to
Todd Allcock

let's see the tests, and be sure to include other tablets. then we'll have *actual numbers* to compare.

Reply to
nospam

You do realize that the whole antenna issue is looking more and more like the non-issue that some of us said it was...

...right?

Reply to
Alan Baker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.