NEWS: New phone features 'baffle users'

The complexity of modern mobile phones is leaving users frustrated and angry, research suggests.

Some 61% of those interviewed in the UK and US said setting up a new handset is as challenging as moving bank accounts.

Compiled by mobile firm Mformation, the survey found 85% of users reporting they were frustrated by the difficulty of getting a new phone up and working.

Of the 4,000 people questioned, 95% said they would try more new services if phones were easier to set up.

[MORE]
Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Nah. The beatings will continue so long as they refuse to RTFM...

Reply to
Not Me

I can see difficulty learning how to use a Motorola product; but

Thats the beauty of Apple products, and the iPhone.

For the most part, totally intuitive.

12 million buyers can't be wrong.
Reply to
Ron

As a drinks coaster should be!

Reply to
Not Me

Hey! That's funny!

[Followups set; inappropriate newsgroup removed]
Reply to
Bert Hyman

Ron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Do you have any idea how many Americans bought Chevrolet Vegas or Plymouth Omnis?

Reply to
Larry

Sorry your car purchases turned out bad. I get 51 mpg with my P{rius.

Reply to
Ron

Well, these are the same people who elected and/or nominated Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, John McCain and Barack Obama. OF COURSE they're morons.

Reply to
Father Guido Sarducci

Yeah, to zoom in on a website, you use the "totally intuitive" flick-a- booger motion rather than, say, touch-and-hold.

Reply to
Father Guido Sarducci

Zero bought Plymouth Omnis. A few bought Plymouth Horizons and Dodge Omnis.

Reply to
Father Guido Sarducci

Father Guido Sarducci wrote in news:Xns9B98DB1551104FatherGuido@198.186.190.61:

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned...........

Reply to
Larry

Hmmm, at this point, I'd mention Sprint has 40 million customers, and you seem to think that THEY'RE all wrong...

Reply to
Todd Allcock

Larry wrote in news:Xns9B98CB94489AFnoonehomecom@74.209.131.13:

A Vega ?! Have any idea where I can get one ?

I've had 3 of them.

Reply to
DanS

Or eat at The Waffle House?

Reply to
George Kerby

When I was a kid I saw one with a label on the door handle about it being the millionth vega. Even at a young age I was appalled they'd made so many of those pieces of crap.

They fit the universal rule: Good, fast, cheap... pick two. No good but cheap and quick to make.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

"Bill Kearney" wrote in news:XdOdnSMt_LptbujUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net:

Chevy built the Vega to prove you couldn't rub extremely hard piston rings against aluminum without wearing out the aluminum. They proved it but then had Roosamaster build the diesel conversion 350 engine for my '80 Pontiac Bonneville Diesel to prove the same thing would happen to a diesel injection pump if you got cheap with that, too.

both were PoS vehicles....

I never had a Vega. I had a GIRLFRIEND with a vega...which is much worse!

Reply to
Larry

The best quote I ever heard about the Vega is that it was constructed from compressed rust.

Reply to
SMS

Awww. The Cosworth Vega was a bit of a pip.

Reply to
Not Me

It's just that most of them struggled to figure out their phones.

Reply to
Kurt

I did. My 71 Vega (I was second owner in 74) was a great car. Never a problem.

Reply to
Kurt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.