Newbie: WPA possible on Win 98?

Hi, Apologies if this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find anything on M$oft's site about it....Is it possible for a Win 98 (SE) machine to fully participate in a WPA-enabled network? I guess this means are there WPA supplicants & compatible adaptors for Win 98?

Thanks, GAM

Reply to
Glen A McAllister
Loading thread data ...

Taking a moment's reflection, Glen A McAllister mused: | | Hi, | Apologies if this is a silly question, but I can't seem to find | anything on M$oft's site about it....Is it possible for a Win 98 (SE) | machine to fully participate in a WPA-enabled network? I guess this means | are there WPA supplicants & compatible adaptors for Win 98?

Supposedly, the Odyssey client

formatting link
will add WPA, however, it costs US$50. Both Netgear and Linksys (respectively) *say* their WG511 and WPG54G support WPA and their drivers are 98SE compatible. However, I can only get WEP to work under 98 with any of their driver sets with either of those cards.

Reply to
mhicaoidh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.