newbie question

I have a linksys wireles-B broadband 802.11b router. Can't find the instructions. How do I change the password? I have two laptops currently operating on it with windows XP (one home edition, one professional). I haven't the slightest idea how to go about this, and I know how important it is! Help!

Reply to
ralgam
Loading thread data ...

Go to Linksys. Find the the product page. Download the User's Guide.

For example, the User's Guide for the BEFW11S4 is here: ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befw11s4_v4_ug.pdf

Lance

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com thought carefully and wrote on 1/30/2005 7:42 AM:

Reply to
Lance

(...) The Linksys web site has the manual.

Reply to
edard

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1107099745.553919.43990 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

formatting link
has a manual for the router that can be printed out.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Linksys and most other home routers have a reset button in the back. Straighten out a paper clip and insert one end into the little hole, (while the router is on) hold it for about 10+ seconds. That will reset the router to factory default. Then open IE and enter http://192.168.1.1 (Linksys access - other routers use different access addresses) and enter the set up page. User name is blank and password is admin. Then configure away and change your password. Depending on the type of Internet access you may/may not have to configure the router for access. Most DSL providers use PPPoE and that needs username and password to set up. You may need to check with your ISP for access information.

All of this and more is on the Linksys website.

Reply to
Alan White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.