New to wireless technolog with a question

I run a small construction (security) surveillance company. What I am trying to accomplish is being able to view, over the internet or some other form of transmission, what my cameras are seeing. The problem is, most of my camera units are set up in areas where beginning stages of building are going on. I have the power but need the transmission part figured out. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks, Dan

SkyView Security

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
dan_forrest
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:22:24 -0500, dan_forrest wrote in :

There are a number of good Wi-Fi wireless security cameras on the market. Search with Google.

Reply to
John Navas

How far away in feet from the camera to the area you want to observe? Light levels? Glaring sunlight down to starless night? Security guard lights on site? How far do you want to shoot the wireless signal?

Most of the wireless cameras you find are consumer grade and limited in selection in terms of lens options which is the most compelling criteria in setting up a camera system.

Your better off going with a traditional video coax camera, also called an NTSC video signal format and connect it to a ethernet converter connected to wireless bridge.

Good camera selections at:

formatting link
Ethernet converter:
formatting link
Aviosys 9100A - IP Video 9100A Plus 4 Network Camera Server

Wireless bridges:

formatting link
Figure on a decent $150 cameras, $100 converter, and $500 wireless bridge pair.

Reply to
DTC

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:36:39 -0600, DTC wrote in :

Good wireless cameras are readily available.

Figure about double that $150 for any sort of decent camera; e.g., D-Link DCS-3220G or AXIS 207. The cameras for $150 are low quality. Be sure to get a good CCD imager, not a cheap CMOS imager.

Reply to
John Navas

Opps...sorry that was dealer cost for the camera I was thinking of. Figure on $250 for a decent camera.

Reply to
DTC

D-Link DCS-3220G - Fixed focus 6 mm lens, no auto-iris. Worthless for any serious application.

AXIS 207 - Fixed focus 4 mm lens, no auto-iris. Worthless for any serious application.

And neither one is a true day/night infrared camera.

See reply to the OP for suggestions.

Reply to
DTC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.