New router and old USB adapters

Lured by a faster connection, I substituted a US robotics router, with a W-gate router fit to Voip phoning. My web connection is satisfactory but the US robotics Usb adapters, previously used by the discharged router, refuse to funcion. All my gratitude for any help to solve the problem. Riccardo Romano

Reply to
Riccardo Romano
Loading thread data ...

Hi Riccardo,

You may also wish to investigate the U.S. Robotics Forum:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Technical Forums

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:27:42 +0100, "Riccardo Romano" wrote in :

Possibly WEP key mismatch. Try turning off *all* security while testing.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks a lot for the info Riccardo Romano

"Riccardo Romano" ha scritto nel messaggio news:454a54bf$0$3198$ snipped-for-privacy@reader2.news.tin.it...

Reply to
Riccardo Romano

Thanks a lot for the info Riccardo Romano

"Riccardo Romano" ha scritto nel messaggio news:454a54bf$0$3198$ snipped-for-privacy@reader2.news.tin.it...

Reply to
Riccardo Romano

Do the USB adapters do any sort of "enhanced speed"? If they did 22Mbps, instead of strictly 802.11b, the enhanced speed option may conflict with the enhanced speed option of a different vendor's router.

I had a similar problem with a SMC "22Mbps" adapter that didn't work with a Netgear 802.11g router. Disabling the 22Mbps option in the adapter lets it connect at 11Mbps.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.