New Large Wi-Fi Antenna

Hello to all,

Another antenna project for long range 802.11 operation has been posted to my web page. This one is a long helix, and performs quite well. A short version, combined with a satellite dish outperforms the linear focus design by a wide margin. Give this a try if you're experiencing weak signals. Today's little Ku band dishes are great for application in wireless networking and require less set-up work than the strainers and linear focus reflectors.

Construction details may be found on my web page:

formatting link

Regards, Phil AB9IL

Reply to
ab9il_worldwide
Loading thread data ...

Freakin sweet.

Reply to
NetSteady

and it works. i made it and fixed it to a ariel rotator, so that it can be turned completely around. i then use a 12 inch jack arm to tilt it up and down when needed.

range? about 3 or 4 miles (range of sight)

Reply to
banjo

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable. The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later.

Are you the site owner? Avoid service interruptions in the future by increasing your data transfer limit! Find out how.

Learn more about data transfer.

Reply to
NotMe

hmm i can still get the page.

Reply to
banjo

| > Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable. | > The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded | > its | > data transfer limit. Please try again later. | >

| >

| | hmm i can still get the page.

Perhaps its stored on your machine. If you refresh it will likely go away.

Reply to
NotMe

yes you are right, i can no longer get it. it is a interesting bit of info though.

Reply to
banjo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.