New Gateway laptop with Broadcom network adapter will not connect

I just purchased a Gateway laptop with a Broadcom adapter driver version 4.10.40.0. My router is a USR8054. I can see all wireless networks but when I try to connect I get this error "Windows could not connect to this network. There might be interference between this computer and the network access point, or the network is refusing access to this compter." . I have removed all security to no avail. I have tried connecting through the broadcom utility with WZC disabled and then I also tried disabling the Broadcom wireless network utility and used WIndows XP to manage my network connections. Tried unstalling the Broadcom adapter and reinstalling. Still no result. Have at least 3 other laptops and one PDA that connect to this router seamlessly. Gateway tech support says it is not their problem. Running Windows xp media center. Does anyone know where I can begin?

Reply to
Peter Welk
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.