Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Peter Welk
December 30, 2006, 11:00 pm
rate this thread
I just purchased a Gateway laptop with a Broadcom adapter driver
version 18.104.22.168. My router is a USR8054. I can see all wireless
networks but when I try to connect I get this error "Windows could not
connect to this network. There might be interference between this
computer and the network access point, or the network is refusing
access to this compter." . I have removed all security to no avail. I
have tried connecting through the broadcom utility with WZC disabled
and then I also tried disabling the Broadcom wireless network utility
and used WIndows XP to manage my network connections. Tried unstalling
the Broadcom adapter and reinstalling. Still no result. Have at least 3
other laptops and one PDA that connect to this router seamlessly.
Gateway tech support says it is not their problem. Running Windows xp
media center. Does anyone know where I can begin?
- » EnGenius Technologies Long Range 11n 2.4GHz Wireless Bridge/Access Point (ENS202...
- — Newest thread in » Wireless Networking
- » Senate bares frustration with customer service of cable industry, including Comcast [t...
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Secure VPN Connection terminated by Peer(Reason not specified by Peer) Reason:...
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Cisco Systems