Network Everywhere router pissing me off!

Hi. I have a very annoying problem. I bought this router a while ago to share my internet connection with my sister. When I directly plug the cable modem to my computer everything works fine but as soon as I share my connection which means as soon as I plug the modem and the 2 computers to the router I'm having problems viewing pages or create game severs and stuff like that. I suppose it is because a router acts as a firewall which is as smart than stupid because what happens if I don't want this firewall? So my question is...Is there a way to disable the router's firewall? Or perhaps someone could tell me how to configure it to make it work fine.

My router is a NetworkEverywhere NWR04B Wireless, 2.4GHz 802.11b

Thank you.

Reply to
Gyuri
Loading thread data ...

Look on page 50 of your users guide

DMZ Host

Reply to
Curly Bill

Any time you have 'it sorta works, but not very well' errors, I set the MTU down to 1492 first...

For game servers you are going to have to either poke the appropriate holes in your firewall (port forwarding), or put the server in the DMZ.

Because of how NAT internet sharing works, there aren't many options...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.