network access permission

The usual culprit is the software firewalls found on most Windoze machines. Temporarily disable both firewalls and see if you get sharing. See if they can ping each other.

If that works, check your file sharing setup. I'll assume both machines are running Windoze XP Home.

formatting link
Another common problem is that a new copy of XP requires that file sharing be enabled. The easiest way is to pick a random folder, right click, select "Sharing" and the wizard will walk you through the process.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

I have a problem and don't know how to resolve it. Router is router "Belkin" G 125 Mbps 802.11g 2.4Ghz and it's connected properly. So I am sharing the internet connection between desktop pc (using lan) and Laptop Toshiba a60 with a built in Atheros AR5004G Wireless Network Adapter (connected wireless). The problem is that I can't share the files between the pc's. Probaby I am doing something wrong. On both computers it says that I maybe don't have a permission to access and that I should talk to the system administrator. How to do it. Thanks

Reply to
Ozzie

Thanks alot I've resolved the problem Ozzie

Reply to
Ozzie

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.