Netstumbler + Sony Vaio (Intel 4965agn WiFi)

I am using a Sony Vaio for a few days - running Windows Vista - the real small SZ version that weighs 3.9lbs and has everything.

Anyway - it comes with the Intel 4965AGN WiFi card that supports A/G/N but it doesn't seem to play with Netstumbler.

It could be a "permissions" thing.... under Vista. I start up NetStumbler, and at the bottom of NS, where the AP Points Found text is usually displayed, I get a small flashing yellow triangle, with "Access is denied". The WiFi card is selected/checkmarked in the Netstumber device menu.

I think I would get this error on XP when I was logged in as a "user" vs "admin" but here on Windows Vista, I am logged in as an "admin" type account -

SO - ideas ?

Reply to
P.Schuman
Loading thread data ...

Currently NetStumbler does not work on Vista . You can download a tool that can do the job called Vistumbler .

formatting link
Raz

Reply to
raz

"P.Schuman" hath wroth:

Netstumbler doesn't work on Vista.

You might want to try the expanded "netsh" command in Vista: Start -> run -> cmd netsh wlan show networks netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid netsh wlan show networks interface="Your Wireless Device Here"

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.