Netstumbler, is this picture normal?

Hello!

formatting link
Is it normal that I see 5 wifi nets but only the net named "dlink wireless" has a green circle?

Why the other nats have what seems a connection of 3 tubes/cable? Why I can see the quality graphic of the signal only for the net with green circle? Why I can't see ssid name and channel of the nets (one of the net is my wifi net and I'm sure it broadcasts ssid name)?

Zero configuration sees all the 5 nets and show proper ssid name.

Is it a Netstumbler bug? Is it a Netstumbler problem to use the driver of my belkin usb dongle?

Thank you for your answers.

Reply to
Zeus
Loading thread data ...

:

formatting link
: Is it normal that I see 5 wifi nets but only the net : named "dlink wireless" has a green circle?

: Is it a Netstumbler bug?

Netstumbler 0.4.0 is a few year old now and has limited support for newer Wireless Adapters, so in those cases Netstumbler might peform "Better" if you select the NDIS 5.1 Device instead of the Native Device (that is if you more than one "Suitable" Device under Netstumbler's Device Menu)???

Otherwise for the Vista Users there is an "Alternate" Vistumbler:

formatting link
Lawrence Houston -- ( snipped-for-privacy@greenfield.dyndns.org)

Reply to
Lawrence Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.