Netgears WG111v2 problem.....

I have 2 desktop computers configured exactly the same for wireless networking using The wg111 adaptor to receive from the DG834G router. One computer will detect a network signal when scanning with the WG111 interface the other will show no networks at all during a scan. Even when only a foot or two away from the router/modem. This is a summary of numerous tests I've tried with the computers in the same room. Is there a minimum basic requirement needed by a computer for the WG111 to work be it either in onboard hardware, software, port settings or whatever. It works on one ..why not the other? Both computers are Windows XP with Service Pack 2. Can anyone help please? This is sending me crazy and has had the effect of lessening the Xmas Holiday experience.

Reply to
Gravydownshirt
Loading thread data ...

Hi, For a starter, have you swapped WG111 between two desktop? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
Gravydownshirt

Have you implemented any security on the router?

Have you set the netgear client on the non-working pc to connect to Infrastructure networks?

Reply to
nospam

I've suussed it... Well, not exactlty...I took the cowards way out..I formatted her C drive and started from scratch...installing Windows again. I figured there was something conflicting but what it was we'll never know now.As soon as I installed the WG111 it worked perfectly.. I'm now going onto all the other problems I have ...this time with firewall and router settings and getting programs to work ..but first I am going to have an early night...I feel I deserve one...thanks anyways.

Reply to
Gravydownshirt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.