Netgear WN121T - peculiar problems

Hi, I have a Netgear WN121T Wireless Adapter which has worked well since I bought in in February or so. Recently, however, it has stopped working several times. I am unable to ping my router when this occurs.

The peculiar thing about this is that my Wireless Network Connection icon in the taskbar continues to show me as being connected, as does the Netgear Connection Wizard. Netstumbler reports that it is unable to find a wireless adapter.

If I try to connect to a webpage then, it times out. If I disable the wireless connection and renable, the computer freezes. The only way to return my connection to normal is to turn the computer off and even then Windows freezes on the "Windows is shutting down" screen.

I downloaded the latest drivers for it, but they didn't help the problem.

I also can't seem to find anything that causes the problem, sometimes it won't happen for days, other times it happens 3 or 4 times a day. (also in the middle of this post :O)

The fact that my icons still show normal signal strength and connectivity would seem to indicate that it is some sort of driver issue, but I'm really not too sure. Any help much appreciated.

Also, one last thing, it seemed to happen more often when I used Excel frequently..and it was memory hogging my computer, could this affect the adapter?

Reply to
kirbystealer
Loading thread data ...

Kirby,

Try using the adapter by itslef ONLY for a while while not using anything else. Then start up Excel and see if you can duplicate the problem. Might narrow down your problem.

Have you installed ANY new programs lately?

Reply to
Knight

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.