NETGEAR WIRELESS USB - DOWNLOADS FREEZE

I am having troubles when I am downloading files on a NETGEAR wireless router and USB reciver - they will start off at a good rate, but then slow down eventually to a halt. The little download animation continues, there is still a data rate shown, but the time left and mb's being downloaded just freeze and the whole download eventually times-out. I cannot seem to get a complete download of anything.

I have tried disabling the windows firewall and changing the fragmentation and RTS/CTS threshholds but with no luck.

Any ideas anybody??

Cheers

Reply to
danielmc1
Loading thread data ...
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Sounds like interference. See the FAQ below.

Reply to
John Navas

Ah....

The website you linked to mentions that Bluetooth can be a source of interference for Wi-Fi - hadn't really thought about that. I've recently bought a bluetooth keyboard and mouse - the bluetooth 'dongle' is sat next to the Wi-fi reciever! I will try disabling it & see if it cures my problem!

Cheers

Reply to
danielmc1

Perfect - unplugging the bluetooth dongle cured the problem. I guess Wifi and Bluetooth devices don't mix - knackers.

Dan

Reply to
danielmc1
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Bluetooth and Wi-Fi do use the same frequencies, so some conflict is inevitable. However, the amount of conflict can be minimized with the right hardware on both sides, but especially on the Bluetooth side -- try quality Bluetooth 1.2, which has improved Wi-Fi coexistence. The other option is to use 802.11a, which uses different frequencies, instead of 802.11b/g.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.