Netgear WG102 APs

Hi,

I have set up a wireless network in my house - unfortunately due to thick stone walls just an ADSL Router (eg DG834GT) wasn't powerfull enough, so I got a DG834 wired router and three WG102 access points, now here comes the story...

I connected the first access point to the router and configured it as multi access bridge and put in the MAC addresses of the other access points, all good so far - I can access the internet using that one.

Then I add another one, setting it up in single bridge mode and it associates properly and works (after a lot of running up and down stairs etc.) so that's fine.

Then I add the third. It all appears to work then all stops working.

I can still see the wireless network, but it wont assign me an IP address (which the DG834 is giving out) This worked fine for a day, with just two access points.

So now I can try and connect but it wont give me an IP and sometimes wont connect to the netowrk either.

I can connect with a wire to the access points and see their configuration pages and if i assign an IP to the wireless i can access the configuration page of the access point it has connected to, but nothing else on the network.

I have tried rebooting the APs and the router (finally in the right order, all off, router on, first AP etc.)

In the activity log they associate with each other properly it just seems to not be working.

Anyone suggest anything or an alternative product that would be more reliable - must say I have had some issues with Netgear recently (lot of faulty DG834Gs and GTs)

Thanks for any help

Blair

Reply to
thedogofrock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.