Netgear WFG114P

I had some dead spots in my house so I changed from a Linksys WRT54G to a Netgear WFG114P and tht solved that problem.

Now, for the life of me, I can't the security going. I set up WEP properly, I think, it work on the Linksys.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Egmont

em_CT

USA

Reply to
em_CT
Loading thread data ...

hi, so if the wrt54g works (orignal firmware?) with WEP...keep it. When you flash it with sveasoft, openwrt etc. you can power up the radio-signal a lot. Or is this possible with the other product, too?

(sorry, I am in hurry, can't check this now, but I think with a powered-up-one, you can even close some radio-holes in your garden;)

But I am also sure, somebody can help you with the WEP Problem. Did u try it with wep64, wep128 and wpa? Anything works?

Best regards,

Jens

Reply to
Jens Hartmann

I tried with wep64 and 128 and have not tried wpa.

Regards, Egmont em_CT USA

Reply to
em_CT

Try not using the passphrase generator to make the keys. If it wants ascii keys than any 0-9 a-z 5 for 64 or 13 for 128 If it wants hex key than any 0-F 10 for 64 or 26 for

garden;)

Reply to
Airhead

Yes, that how I been doing it, no good. I the mean time, I tried to install the new beta version and something went wrong. The light is flashing between TEST and PWR. Any idea what that means?

TX Regards, Egmont em_CT USA

Reply to
em_CT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.