Netgear ME102 and Linksys BEFW11S4

Hi

I've been happily using my non-PC compatible RiscPC wired into the above Linksys wireless router (along with my Dell PC, similarly wired into the Linksys).

Since I can't fit a wireless card to the RiscPC, I thought I'd be able to use the Netgear to wirelessly connect to the 'net via the Linksys, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've the RiscPC configured as

192.168.1.101/255.255.255.0 to the Linksys 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0 and my Dell using DHCP (although I'll probably set it as static as well). I've managed some basic config of the Netgear as a wireless bridge and set its IP to 192.168.1.150/255.255.255.0. I've tried setting the ME102 as point-to-point and gave it first the RiscPC's MAC address, then when that failed, that of the Linksys router, as the 'remote AP MAC address'.

When I connect the ME102 via a crossover cable to either the RiscPC or the Dell, I can ping its IP address fine, but no further.

Any suggestions or simple, clear instructions I can follow to get it to work?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.