Netgear FWG11vPv2 / WPA / WPA2

I'm trying to setup either WPA or (preferably) WPA2 on a Netgear FWG11Pv2, and am having no luck. I have done all of the following:

a. upgraded the firmware to V1.2_04NA b. tried WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK, and both work c. confirmed that the RADIUS server (MS IAS on Windows Server 2003 R2 Ent.) does work d. confirmed that traffic, including RADIUS exchanges (I used a utility called NTRadPing to test this), can get from the client to the AP to the server and back (when the FWG11Pv2 and client are using WPA2-PSK) e. read and reread the usless instructions in the Netgear reference manual for the FWG11Pv2 (dated May 2005)

When I configure the FWG11vP2 for either WPA or WPA2 (Enterprise) and try to connect, it starts OK, the signal is strong, and my WinXP Pro SP2 laptop prompts me for credentials (Windows Zero Config is set to NOT use Windows credentials), but I am never authenticated and let onto the network. I checked the system log in Event Viewer on the server, but nothing from IAS appears there-no errors, nothing. I know this RADIUS server is working; I'm using it right now with an old, flaky Cisco 1120 AP with WPA.

It looks as though the FWG11Pv2 simply isn't passing any RADIUS packets to the RADIUS server. Any suggestions???? Thanks.

Christopher Chalfant

Reply to
ChrisPC
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.