Netgear DG834GT set-up disc lost.

Greetings all...

I have acquired a Netgear DG834GT wireless router from a friend that I want to set up, unfortunately the set-up disc seems to have been lost.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement or download the software so I can burn a set-up disc? The Netgear site only offers the firmware for this model.

Many thanks in anticipation.

ChipShop

Reply to
chipshop
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:07:15 GMT, chipshop wrote in :

Suggest you contact Netgear Support.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks for the reply.

Already contacted Netgear support. All they were interested in was helping me set up the network 'without' the disc...but I'll still need the disc to configure and maintain the network properly.

Regards

chipshop

Reply to
chipshop

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 19:00:27 GMT, chipshop wrote in :

What makes you think that? All that's normally needed is the web browser interface.

Reply to
John Navas

chipshop hath wroth:

You apparently survived so the experience wasn't too detrimental to your health.

This might be helpful for the setup: |

formatting link

No, you can easily configure the wired and wireless parts manually. All you need to setup on the wireless end are:

1. SSID
  2. WPA encryption key
  3. Channel number
  4. A mess of options which are probably fine at the defaults. There's not much else on the CDROM except the DG834GT manual, which can be downloaded:

I'm not sure if you have V1 or V2:

formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.