Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Netgear dg834g Not broadcasting itself
- Metrics Pete
June 14, 2007, 10:32 am
rate this thread
Do you know why a Netgear DG834G does not broadcast its SSID until it
has been on for awhile. When I first installed this device it worked
fine. Now, even after resetting, I have to leave it on for awhile
before it starts to transmit its ID so that it can be seen wirelessly
by my laptop or desktop. I mean I think it takes 20 - 30 minutes
before it is seen. It works fine with ethernet cable.
Re: Netgear dg834g Not broadcasting itself
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:32:03 -0000, Metrics Pete
That's not normal. Something is probably wrong with it. Try flashing
the latest firmware.
Best regards, FAQ for Wireless Internet: <http://Wireless.wikia.com
John Navas FAQ for Wi-Fi: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi How To: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_HowTo
Fixes to Wi-Fi Problems: <http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi_Fixes
- » Rebooting radio in Santa Cruz mountains once a week via GitHub script?
- — Newest thread in » Wireless Networking
- » FCC Adopts Narrow Call Blocking Rules at November Open Meeting [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum