Netgear DG 834Gv1 - Power Supply

Hi,

Does anyone in the UK have a power supply for the above router that they're not using and would be willing to sell? I've looked in Maplins and they don't seem to do any that are above 12v and the Netgear router requires 15v & 1Amp.

Please contact me at alan(dot)cleggy(at)virgin(dot)net

Regards and thanks

Alan

Reply to
AC
Loading thread data ...

Do you have a part no. of the PSU

formatting link

Reply to
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I don't know the Part Number as the router was given to a friend of mine with a third party power supply that was not correct (it was rated at 12v and the router would not work correctly with it). I set up his network this morning after much pain initially until I realised the power supply was causing all the problems; I'm currently using the power supply from his scanner! If anyone out there has a Netgear DG834Gv1 could they have a look at the power adapter and post the part number; I'd be extremely grateful.

This must be about the 12th wireless network I've set up for friends and this one really teased for around 2 hours - I could have screamed when I realised!

Regards and thanks

Alan

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
AC

It might be worthwhile giving that company a ring and see if they can tell you which psu to use and if they have any in stock.

Reply to
Rob

are you sure that the 12v adapter doesn't belong to the scanner. I was once asked to fix someone's computer only to discover that they had plugged the speaker adapter into the monitor and the monitor adapter into the speakers.

Reply to
Noxonomus

No, the router plus incorrect power supply was given to a friend by a third party (another friend) upgrading their router. The only reason we went to the scanner power supply was that we searched around his study and found that it had a suitable rating and the correct connector. There is no question of having confused the two. The PSU supplied with the router was an aftermarket adjustable power supply but the maximum selectable voltage is

12v and the router requires 15v. The failure and replacement of the original Netgear power supply has been confirmed with the original owner.

Regards

Alan C

Reply to
AC

Darn and here I was hopping that I had some thing useful to say. Oh well, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Reply to
Noxonomus

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.