Need help on Linksys wiresless print server WPS54GU2

What other wireless devices are on your network? IE what brand and model number?

Did you change the factory settings on your wireless router, or leave it as it came? This will help the people here asnwer your "what is a valid ip address?" question.

What do you mean by "it still doesn't work."? Are you getting a printer communication error, or is nothing happening?

Was the printer at one point connected to the computer that you are trying to print wirelessly from?

Have you installed the printer on the computer that you are trying to print wirelessly from as a network printer?

Reply to
Ryan Case
Loading thread data ...

Can you go into the config page for the router and look in the dhcp settings to see what addresses have been handed out? Then try to ping the one assinged to the print server.

You still don't say what kind of wireless card the computer is using or what kind of router you have.

What kind of printer? I know that my shitty lexmark goes to sleep after a while and xp does not recognize it if you wake it up with the os already running, so in order to print I have to reboot the machine with the printer awake. Sucks ass, so I don't use it unless I REALLY have to print something.

What kind of printer is it?

Reply to
Ryan Case

I need help on installing the Linksys Wireless Printserver WPS54GU2. It seems that everything works fine, accourding to burning green lights and even a test page that prints. But it still doesn't work. I would like to change the DHCP into a fixed IP-adress. What is a valid address? Other suggestions?

KJ

Reply to
Klaas Jan Huizing

Just a WinXP notebook

I left it as it came: it assigns dynamically IP-adresses

I tried to print a document, which didn't come out of the printer

Win XP-notebook connected to router wireless Wireless prin tserver connected wired to printer and wireless to router

I've installed the wireless printer on my WinXP notebook according to the manual. No problems, apart from documents that do not come out of the printer.

Reply to
Klaas Jan Huizing

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.