NEED HELP Moding a wg511t pcmia card

i have the card i would like to add a pigtail to it.. where do i part the wire to and where do i solder the ground to? a lot of people say the connector in there is a ms 156-- i was trying to find if they sell ms-156 to pigtail apdator but i couldnt find any.

Reply to
lotukitten
Loading thread data ...

you rip off the hirose connector and then follow the green trace to small dot under it then solder the coax to this and then solder the grounding sheeth to the gold plate above it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
bl4ckvip3r

Can you advise me a link on how to dismantle the WG511T and a photo showing the modification process ?

Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
sifuconman

Did you STFW for "WG511T Inside" ?

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Hmm, I must be feeling generous. I did your STFW for you...

formatting link

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Thanks Mark, for your generousity

formatting link

Reply to
sifuconman

I use Debian and their ofspring like Kubuntu, Kanotix and Knoppix as well as SuSE Enterprise Desktop 10 and a few others, but I still can not help you cos I just hate wireless and all my PC's are wired. I like to keep my stuff to myself and I have seen too many cases where it is so easy to intrude in other people's "wireless" network. It is hard to understand that Kubuntu will not regocnise your wireless card, especially that the Ubuntu family is the bleeding edge of Debian. But SuSE is also quite good in detecting wireless cards.

formatting link

Reply to
jessica107

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.