Need help connecting pc to verizon router w/Fios

Hi. We upgraded to Verizon Fios. The router is Actiontec MI424WR and our wireless adapter is Netgear MA101 installed on a desktop that has Windows XP. There is WEP encryption on the router. The computer can see the router but we cannot connect to it to get to the internet. when attempting to connect, we enter in the network key and it attempts to connect but fails. I tried resetting the router and removing the WEP encryption to try to connect to the router. No luck. I've rebooted the computer and tried repairing the adapter. no luck. I've searched online for help, called Verizon and no luck. I'm posting here for help before I pay 36.50 to call Netgear for support. If anyone can help, I would truly appreciate it. Prior to this we had DSL and netgear router and everything worked fine. Thank you.

Reply to
richelle.deane
Loading thread data ...

It is usually better to set up the router using a hard wired Ethernet port. Make sure you can access the internet then set up the wireless part. By the way don't use WEP use WPA, which the router supports.

Reply to
Pen

Start all over and get it working without any encryption first.

Reply to
DTC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.