need help

dear friends i have belkin model f5d1632-4 i cant access its main page at

192.168.2.1 i tried to reset it several times noting in the lan connection "ie every thing in auto in tcip properties" it dont take an ip it takes virtual ip in autoconfigaring ip4 like 169.254.157.242 i think the main proplem that i cant access the main page at 192.168.2.1 can any one help
Reply to
wallahham
Loading thread data ...

Perhaps if you put the topic of what you need help with in the Subject Line, people would be inclined to read your post and offer suggestions...

Also, take a look at both ends of the second row up from the bottom on your keyboard. See those keys that say "Shift"? Try hitting them once in a while so people don't have to strain to read your post....

Reply to
Piso Mojado

A vital clue is that your IP addy is 169.254.157.242.

From that, we can deduce two things:

1) Your TCP/IP settings is set to DHCP, i.e. "Obtain an IP address automatically". 2) The 169.xxx is a Windows default addy that Windows sets it to when you don't have a network connection to the router.

Therefore you main problem at this point is you may not have a physical connection to the router. Check your cables.

Reply to
DTC

The host (computer) may be trying to renew the 169.254.157.242 address that now resides in the system's registry.

If you are certain that the router uses the 192.168.2.0 network, and has an address of 192.168.2.1, configure your host with a static IP address of 192.168.2.x, where x is a number between 2 and 253, and is unique (not assigned elsewhere on your network). This would be adequate to establish administrative access to the router.

You could then verify that the DHCP server in the router is enabled, configured appropriately etc.

Then, re-configure the host to acquire an IP address via DHCP.

Best Regards, News Reader

wallahham wrote:

Reply to
News Reader

well - a couple of basic items. #1 - what is your Belkin device - card, router, access point ? as a Google of it yields - not found ? #2 - how are you connected to it ? #3 - the 169.xx address means your computer is trying to get a DHCP address, but is not finding a DHCP server in your LAN - and Microsoft defaults to the

169.xx

wallahham wrote:

Reply to
P.Schuman

Reply to
P.Schuman

formatting link
are you trying to connect via wired/Ethernet or wireless WiFi ?

wired -> how do you have the computer IP information configured & connected via Ethernet cable ?

wireless -> how do you have your computer WiFi card configured & does it show a signal connected ? how is the wireless IP information configured ?

Reply to
P.Schuman

A bit more clarification.

I have previously observed a host trying to "renew" an auto-configuration address such as 169.254.157.242, rather than performing a DHCP Discovery (i.e.: trying to acquire a new IP address assignment from a readily available DHCP server).

I am suggesting you configure your host with a static IP address, to resolve your primary concern "i cant access the main page", and that while there, you verify the DHCP server configuration.

When I encountered this issue, I found that the host stopped trying to renew the auto configuration address, and pursued a new lease from the DHCP server, after returning from a static configuration, back to a DHCP client configuration.

Best Regards, News Reader

News Reader wrote:

Reply to
News Reader

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.