need good reception to PC

A neighbour and I are talking about sharing a broadband account.

I'm looking for a PCI or preferably a USB wireless receiver for my desktop PC that has an external antenna and/or excellent reception of low signals.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Rus Davey
Loading thread data ...

Check out Signal Seeker on Ebay. I sell them but they are a great unit. Check out my feedback. Ed

Reply to
Ed

No brand names but you can see what you are up against at:

formatting link
Whatever you do, do not believe a salesperson from CompUSA

Reply to
-oo0(GoldTrader)0oo-

I did that. I bought a D-Link router to put into my friends attic , two lengths of cat-5 cable, a POE adapter (power over Ethernet) and made a corner reflector from here

formatting link
to make the antenna more directional.

On my house I put a panel (a backfire or yaggi antenna could be used here) antenna on the outside of my house and attached my computer card with a pigtail. Keep pigtail length as short as possible to avoid signal loss. Note: if the cable people can see the antenna on the outside of your house, you could be in trouble.

Total project around $200 USD.

There are other configurations to achieve a similar connection such as an Ethernet to wireless bridge mounted near the antenna on your house in a weather tight box.

Reply to
Stop Humpin' My Leg Dawg!!

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.