Need Advice - Wireless Routers?

I am having trouble setting up a wireless network in a concrete building.

The company I'm working for has had a wireless network set-up, complete with a di-link DI-624 Airplus Ext. G router, and 4 computers with installed di-link DWL-G520 Airplus Wireless PCI cards. The network worked fine - the furthest of the computers was 22 meters away from the router.

Just last week, however, they moved from their small shop to a 3 story concrete building, adding a few computers, printers, and making distances to a central point a maximum of 80 Meters. After testing numerous spots, it seemed that the best spot for allowing all the computers to connect now resulted in VERY LOW to NO reception. It seems the computers are just out of range. I assume this is all the concrete (as they use a lot here). Especially because the furthest computer can reach the router, but the computer one floor directly below has trouble staying connected.

With the company desiring wireless above any wired situation, I wanted to know what anyone would recommend. My first thought was a better router, i.e. MIMO technology, or some kind of booster. Would we need new PCI cards too?

I'm open to any suggestions, and recommendation for router brands.

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
bmdavis
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.