Nayas Admits Errors, Promises to Be Honest Going Forward, Switches to Verizon

Nayas Admits Errors, Promises to Be Honest Going Forward, Switches to Verizon April 1, 2006, 9:22 AM source: APN

John Nayas, who has gained a reputation on Usenet newsgroups as the most dishonest poster of the 21st century, announced today that he's turning over a new leaf, and from now on will post only verifiable facts. Nayas stated, "It was fun being the devils advocate, but I think that people got tired of of me posting incorrect information day, after day...it just got really old."

Nayas, who's become famous for his content-free responses when he's unable to counter referenced facts, said that he apologizes for his habit of posting one-liners consisting of "Rubbish," "Nonsense," "Good Scramble," "Not True," etc., when backed into a corner. "It was childish," he admitted, "I've grown up and will now gracefully admit my mistakes."

When asked why he's been defending Cingular for so many years, almost always with false statements, he simply shrugged and stated, "I felt bad for them, I always root for the underdog. Cingular entered the wireless game very late in my area, they got stuck with 1900 Mhz, and they finally had to buy AT&T Wireless in order to solve their coverage problems. They constantly get hammered in all the independent surveys of cellular coverage and quality. Someone had to make up stories to counter the facts, and I took on that responsibility."

Nayas confirmed that he is changing his wireless carrier from Cingular to Verizon, because he's had no Cingular coverage at his home for the past 6 years, "I put on a good show, and fooled a lot of people, but I'm tired of having to drive three miles in order to make a call." He continued, "people always get my voice mail, and think that my phone is off, but in reality I'm home, and I have to retrieve my Cingular voice mail from my land-line. Verizon has great coverage at my house, and I'll finally be able to use my phone on my sailboat."

Nayas also admitted that in reality he's a Democrat, and that believes in open competition. He secretly deplored the 2005 FCC decision to eliminate competition in the DSL market, and he is lobbying the FCC to rescind their August 2005 decision. Nayas stated: "I used to always link to studies from the Hoover Institution, until someone informed me about their political bias, and their connections to big business. Wow! I was surprised, as I've had nothing but good service from their cleaning appliances."

Nayas also promised to fix his Cingular FAQ on Wikipedia, which contains hundreds of incorrect statements.

Reply to
SMS
Loading thread data ...

you guy's are Funny the best better than XM comedy thanks

Reply to
jc

Watching someone disintegrate due to Alzheimer's is not really funny. It's pathetic.

Repeatedly stating the same incorrect information, forgetting which thread one was last eviscerated in, ignoring basic laws of physics, "forgetting" about large swaths of the Bay area, disregarding Occam's Razor (not a pun!) in favor of convoluted "user error" theories--all the signs were there. OK, maybe in this case it was funny.

It's only a matter of time before his accurate-to-a-micro-millimeter GPS leads him to Gilligan's Island (in search of the only Cingular coverage hole). One can only hope his visit lasts longer than the series...

Have a nice day!

Reply to
Tinman

If you're going to make up stuff, at least get the guy's name right. It's NAVAS.

Reply to
Strongbox

Wow, you are a freakin' genius! Or not.

Reply to
Tinman

Happy April Fool's Day to you, too, Steve.

Reply to
Scott
[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

My goodness, Steven, that's an amazing amount of time and effort by someone that professes to ignore me. :) Guess I must have really touched a nerve. Was is because of exposing some of your wilder claims? How wrong you were about Radio Shack? NTP vs. RIM? Cingular GSM migration? Some other wild claim? All of the above? :)

Reply to
John Navas

ROFLMAO!

========================================== RadioShack Shares Hit Low on Downgrade APR. 3 10:26 A.M. ET Shares of RadioShack Corp. hit a 52-week low on Monday after an analyst said the electronics retailer's transition to selling Cingular products appeared to be "more difficult" than expected, and downgraded the stock... "

formatting link
"========================================== You are at least useful for entertainment value, John. Really, you should go into comedy or something...

Have a nice day.

Reply to
Tinman

"

formatting link
"> ==========================================

Radio Shack is closing 480 stores, their stock has been downgraded because of the loss of Verizon wireless sales, and has hit a 52 week low. No way to spin this into something positive, but I expect that he'll try.

Reply to
SMS

Radio Shack dumped Verizon in favor of Cingular due to poor wireless results in *2005*. It is the victim of its own poor management, not either wireless carrier, and on a long downhill slide:

Motley Fool RadioShack Losing Power Thursday January 12, 12:26 pm ET

It's been a tough year for the Shack. Almost a year ago to the day, the company said it was confident that it would see 20% earnings growth over 2004's results, but the euphoria was short-lived. Just two months later, the company's sales fell; it realized that it would miss its first-quarter forecasts, and possibly its full-year predictions. It's been dialing down expectations all year long.

LIFTING THE LID: RadioShack under pressure after CEO admission Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:48 PM ET

NEW YORK, Feb 17 (Reuters) - The code of conduct at RadioShack Corp.(RSH.N: Quote, Profile, Research) is quite explicit. On its Web site and under the name of its CEO David Edmondson the electronics retailer says staff should "do the right thing, even when no one is watching."

But after several days of negative news, much of it centered on Edmondson's behavior and admission that he lied on his resume, corporate governance experts are asking whether RadioShack and Edmondson will stick to their own mantra.

"I don't know how you can characterize the tone at the top at this company as encouraging accountability and doing the right thing when nobody's looking if Mr. Edmondson continues as CEO, and there appears to be no consequences for what he's done," said Beth Young, research associate at The Corporate Library, a corporate governance research group.

Earlier this week, Edmondson admitted that he "clearly" misstated his academic record and that his resume was wrong. While he originally said he received a Bachelor of Science degree, he now says he believes he received a ThG diploma, awarded for completing a three-year degree in theology, but adds that he cannot document that.

Edmondson, who was RadioShack's president and chief operating officer, became chief executive officer last May.

The disclosure prompted the consumer electronics retailer's board to hire a lawyer to investigate the matter.

The management issues were minimized on Friday, however, when the company posted a 62 percent drop in quarterly profits and outlined a plan to try to get its business back on track.

Senior executives then launched a roughly 3-hour long presentation, broadcast over the Internet, discussing the earnings results and turnaround plan, which could cost up to $100 million and close up to 700 stores.

Reply to
John Navas

And yet NONE of your cites back up this claim- how strange.

Reply to
Scott

"

formatting link
">> ==========================================

Hardly positive. Radio is the victim of its own mismanagement, and is on a long downhill slide. As shown in my other response here, problems stem in part from poor sales of *Verizon* in *2005*. Switching to Cingular is actually part of the turnaround plan. No matter how you try to spin it.

Reply to
John Navas

John Navas hath wroth:

I had a funny thing happen to my while buying some parts at the Scotts Valley Radio Shock store on Saturday. I was looking at the broshures for Nextel-Sprint, trying to decode the coverage area maps and service offers. The sales person shuffles up and asks if I need assistance and without missing a beat, offers to shove me in the direction of the Cingular display. I indicated that I wasn't interested in Cingular and wanted to see if Nextel-Sprint had coverage in my area. I knew that it did not, but wanted to see if there were any plans on the maps. So, I asked about coverage in San Lorenzo Valley, and was told that Cingular covers that area quite well. I again indicated that I wasn't interested in Cingular and asked what was their problem with Nextel-Sprint. The answer was something like "Doesn't matter because Cingular is better".

My crystal ball tells me that not only are there problems selling Verizon, but Nextel-Sprint may shortly follow. Please treat this as one of my anecdotal rumors.

Incidentally, the junk flush cutting diagonal cutters I purchased for $5 were dull out of the box. They couldn't even cut CAT5 wires without mushrooming the ends. I had to file an edge, but it was dull after about 10 cuts. Not even hardened steel. The previous model flush cutters were much better, sharp, and cheaper.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You're actually right on the money -- Sprint-Nextel have also been disappointing for Radio Shack:

The retailer expected its Verizon sales to dip but was disappointed that sales of Sprint phones, which it heavily promoted, didn't rise enough to make up the difference.

Sprint's merger with Nextel last August evidently did not provide the big increase in sales that they both were expecting.

Reply to
John Navas

? I think you meant Cingular.

I worked with a lady that lived in the Seven Springs area of Cupertino. She told met that she'd had Sprint for like many years, and it never worked at her house. Sprint coverage is marginal in many parts of the Bay Area because they are all 1900 Mhz which requires more towers to cover a given area, and penetrates less well into buildings. My old boss got out of his Sprint contract with no termination fee because he had no coverage at his house.

The article about Radio Shack's problems selling Cingular did mention that the problem varied by region.

Reply to
SMS

Complete fantasy.

Reply to
John Navas

Thanks for that warning shot. I've used their dykes in the past and found them fairly good. I'll avoid the latest. I hate poor quality tools.

Reply to
jjnunes

I'm equally disappointed with what Sears has done to Craftsman. I've been happy with Home Depot's own Husky brand hand tools.

Reply to
John Navas

Now. let me get this right- when anecdotal informarmation is posted that fits your childish agenda it is acceptable, but anything else is immediately dismissed by you. How hypocritical.

The fact that Sprint-Nextel coverage was not available in the area asked about is something that a good salesperson would have known. The story, while quite charming, comes far from proving anything. But go ahead, John- please feel free to look like a fool any time.

Reply to
Scott

Something you are quite familiar with, as most of your posts would fall into this category.

Reply to
Scott

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.