My wifi settings: I need signal improvement

Hi,

I'm glad to find this forum. New here, not new to wireless but confused about the settings in my router. :confused:

It's an oldy: Linksys BEFW11S4, but I got for free as a hand me down. Can't complain on that dept. Anyway, I would like to improve the reach of the signal without having to purchase anything else. I took a screenshot of my browser while on the wireless settings page.

Your help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Hector

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: my_wifi_settings.JPG | |Download:
formatting link
|+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
hrp2171
Loading thread data ...

hrp2171 hath wroth:

1.44.2 is the latest for v1 hardware. Look on the serial number tag and see if it shows a hardware version number. It probably shows nothing for v1.

I can complain. I used one of those (v4) for about a year. It was always hanging and crashing. I gave up and switched to a WRT54GS v4 and lived happily ever after.

Broke. No problem. See:

Build a reflector out of cardboard and aluminium foil. Works very nicely.

There's nothing on that page that will give you more range or a stronger signal.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

None of those settings, except the Antenna selection will have any effect on *reach*. See here for the Users Guide. There are 4 versions, make sure you pick the correct one. Watch the wrap.

formatting link
this a an obsolete slow dog. It's WEP only, which is useless for security and runs at slow B speeds.

Reply to
Pen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.