Music Streaming Problem with D-link DI-624

Without the router, I get no interruptions in streaming radio stations. When I have the DI-624 in the path, I get random interruptions of the music. The computer pops up a window saying the connection is lost. Only last a couple of seconds but it stops the music stream. I'm not even using the wireless, just straight wired thru the router. Why would this happen? Is there a better router for this application. I never had the problem with my old Dlink wired router. Again, I'm not using the wireless for this computer, just the LAN.

thanks, ed

Reply to
Ed
Loading thread data ...

I got the same problem i use the dlink with and with out the WAN and i get a lot of disconnect

I email dlink they just return my question ! with not explanation .

Reply to
midjet

I've just replaced my D-Link DI624 - I got the impression it was under powered. It couldn't even reliably serve me it's setup pages.. I frequently got red x's on menu buttons etc.

Reply to
CWatters

What did you replace it with and how do you like it.

Reply to
Ed

I didn't go for a like for like replacement...

I've replaced it with a Belkin Access Point/extender because my ADSL modem already has a router in it.

My set up is now...

ADSL line | Vigor2500V ADSL Router with VOIP and POTS | Belkin 54g Wireless Access Point . . Belkin USB Wireless network adaptor | Desktop PC

I guess the wireless distance between the two is only about 15 meters. It reports signal strength "excellent" and a 54Mbps connection. Seems reliable and stable. The antenna orientation doesn't seem to be critical. In fact now that I look there is a metal filing cabinet between the two.

With the D-Link the wireless connection was stable but I got a lot of strange pauses and delays when surfing. One moment it would work just fine then it would degrade to the point where it took ages to open a page and 1 in 3 web pages would produce a Server not found or DNS error message. Hitting refresh in my browser would usually load the page ok. Sometimes power cycling the D-Link would restore normality for a variable period of time.

Some months back I also tried a D-Link card in a Pocket PC (so I had D-Link products both ends) that was a nightmare. It was so bad i thought the D-link card was faulty and replaced it. The wireless connection kept dropping out even at short range and it was very critical on antenna orientation. I've yet to try the PocketPC on the new set up.

Reply to
CWatters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.