multi segment wireless network

if i wanted to set up a wireless network with 3 segments seg1, seg2 and seg3, where seg1 was too far away to see seg3 and seg 2 sat between the two...

would the best way to do this be to take a wired switch, connect the ap for seg2, and 2 bridges. then connect the two bridges wirelessly to the remote segments of seg1 and 3?

if i were on segment 3 and wanted to see a computer on segment 1, would i be able to? can anyone think of a reason that this would not work? I can't see any reason why it wouldn't, in theory...

Reply to
johnmclaren_99
Loading thread data ...

johnmclaren snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1148184416.257918.115510 @j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

A network topology like this really needs some thinking.

Q1 - How many computers on each segment ? A1 - 'Bridging' may not be the solution. Q1 - How often to go from 1 to 3/3 to 1 ? See A1. Q1 - What kind of throughput speeds do you expect/require ? See A1.

Reply to
DanS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.